- 1 kg green zucchinis
- 350 gr potatoes
- 900 gr “mizithra” or soft goat cheese
- 1 or 2 medium sliced tomatoes (optionally)
- 1 cup of olive oil
- 30cm diameter baking pan
For the mush
- ½ cup of flour
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 soup spoon of sesame
- few salt
- Cut zucchinis and potatoes in very slim slices. Put them in a big bowl and salt them.
- Oil a baking tray and sprinkle breadcrumbs.
- Place a layer of potatoes, sprinkle a layer of cheese and little mint
- Place a layer of zucchini, sprinkle with a little breadcrumbs and continue with a layer of cheese and a little mint.
- Place a layer of zucchini, sprinkle with a little breadcrumbs and continue with a layer of cheese and a little mint. (for second time)
- Place a layer of tomatoes (if you want)
- We finish with a series of zucchinis.
- Into a bowl we put the mush ingredients. We stirring them until we have a homogeneous mush
- We pour in the boureki first some olive oil and then the mush
- Sprinkle some sesame and bake it for 40 minutes in 1800
- Cover with silver foil and bake for 60 more minutes in 1500
- We serve the boureki at room temperature or even cold
- During the baking, we understand that boureki is baked by shrinking a sharp knife in the center.