- 1 chicken (1-1 ½ kg)
- ½ kg okra
- 2 onions (chopped)
- 1 garlic clove (melted)
- 4-5 fresh tomatoes (chopped)
- ½ bunch parsley (chopped)
- ¾ cup of olive oil
- Peel the okra with a sharp knife, by remove the hard casing on the top without removing the entire top. Wash them with plenty water, drain and drizzle them with vinegar and let them under the sun for 1-2 hours.
- Clean the chicken, cut it in food portions, wash it and leave it dry completely.
- Put the oil in the pot to warm up. If you can’t fit all the chicken in a layer, put it little by little, we brown it and take it out of the pot.
- Put and saute the onion and the garlic
- Add the chicken, the tomatoes, some water, salt and pepper and simmer for about 20-30 minutes.
- Replace the chicken to a pan or clay pot
- Add the okra into the sauce to boil for a few seconds and then pour them in the pan (where you put chicken) with their sauce
- Add the chopped parsley and add a little salt if necessary.
- Cover the pan with aluminum foil or it’s lid and bake at 180 celsius for 1 hour. The last 10 minutes expose it to get colour.
Instead of letting the okra under the sun, we can also fry them to wilt them.