- 150 gr fish roe
- 200 gr crumb of stale bread
- about 300 ml olive oil
- 1 small size onion
- Lemon juice (about three lemons)
- For garnish (1-2 onions, parsley and olives)
- Put the bread in a deep bowl with water and leave it to soak. Then wring it with your hands until it drain well.
- Toss the crumb of bread, the onions and the fish roe into the blender and blend them until you mix them. Next, start to drop little by little the olive oil and the lemon juice. The mixture should become homogenized and has the texture of a smooth cream.
- Try your salad and if it is necessary you can add a little more olive oil or lemon juice.
- Serve in deep bowls and garnish with fresh chopped parsley and olives.
- The white fish roe has more spicy taste than the red one.
- The white fish roe needs more bread and olive oil because it is more spicy.